The giveaway will be a mystery pack of goodies. I'm not fancy enough to have sponsored giveaways and I find it more fun to make things. Expect a care package of homemade stuff by yours truly.
|the last giveaway goodies|
- "like" this post on facebook
- comment below
Now on to some food....
Last spring when I visited my friend Karla in NYC, she made the most tastiest chicken salad ever. I've been dreaming of it ever since so I finally decided to find a recipe, reminiscent of hers.
Chicken Salad might remind you of summertime and picnics, which is a little out of place in winter but I'll do anything to trick my brain into thinking it's warmer than it is outside. If you like tangy and sweet, then whip some up today.
- First, you need some chicken. You can go the route of roasting your own or purchasing a rotisserie in the grocery store but I like to poach frozen chicken thighs if I need some lickety split.
- How to poach chicken thighs/breasts/etc:
- Boil a large pot of water.
- Add in chicken (I used 3 chicken thighs for 3 servings of chicken salad-----yes random number but it was what I had in my freezer).
- Bring water back to boil, then lower heat to a simmer and cook chicken for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from pot and let cool. Then chop into small pieces or shred.
- Now that you have some poached chicken, make sure it's cooled (since you don't want warm chicken in mayo).
- Then use this recipe for chicken salad, which is super simple. Feel free to sub in walnuts for pecans and/or omit the celery and extra sugar.
- Eat on top of a bed of greens, between two pieces of bread or tucked inside a pita. Enjoy!